Saturday, February 05, 2011

Art Resource

I love art. And I found a new site that looks like it serves up art really well.

1) High quality views that can be magnified (I can see brushstrokes; I can see details that are invisible when I look at the lowest zoom level, etc) [Can you tell what painting this detail is from??]

2) Viewing notes (use that >>i to get to them - - - and do READ MORE if it's there). The viewing notes actually tell you about the picture's content - not just the normal: Size, artist, date and museum.

3) Various ways to go from picture to picture

4) Museum tours (akin to streetview) (Actually, this is one thing that I would like to see improved... it would make sense if you just click on a picture to view the picture page but this streetview is still kind of 'dumb' that way).

http://www.googleartproject.com/

No comments: